Thursday, January 8, 2009

Mushroom Beef Tenderloin

For all you mushroom lovers (wait I don't think that is any of my children).
3/4 pound fresh nushrooms, sliced
5 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 teaspoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup whipping cream
1 tablespoon parsley
6 beef tenderloin steaks (1-1/1 inches thick)

In a large skillet, surte mushrooms in 3 tablespoons butter for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Blend in the flour, salt and pepper. Gradually add the cream. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in parsley; keep warm.

In another large skillet, heat the remaining butter over medium-high heat. Cook steaks for 6-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired done-ness. Serve with the nushroom sauce.

I decided to only use two steaks so I made potatoes to go with it. Sauce was pretty tasty and I feel like a chef.

Mom

1 comment:

  1. I should have added that Dad made yummy noises while eating this. Mom

    ReplyDelete