Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Chicken and Bean Enchiladas

Everytime Savannah makes this I wish that I had the recipe and last night I found it in one of my Quick Cooking/Simple & Delicious magazines. Its perfect for left over chicken and my kids actually like it (that's a first)! So here you go:

1 - 2 cups of shredded chicken (you can also use cooked chicken strips)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 can (10 oz) enchilada sauce, divided (Red or green - both taste great to me)
1 can refried beans
Flour tortillas

In a bowl, combine the chicken, 1 cup of cheese, and 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce. Mix in the entire can of refried beans. Spread mixture down the center of the tortilla. Roll up and place in ungreased baking dish. Top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese. Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes or until heated through.

Tonight I am making pumpking waffles with orange walnut butter. (I love breakfast for dinner) I'll post if it turns out... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment