Sunday, January 18, 2009

Mary's cookies.

Here's my chocolate chip cookies. I need those cookies we ate at Savannah's house on New Year.
I always make a lot so I will put the doubled recipe in.

Preheat oven to375 degrees.

Beat 2 cups of yellow crisco (I buy these in the sticks because I hate measuring crisco)
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
4 eggs
When these are blended add the dry ingredients
4 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
When all this is mixed up you add a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips. With me and Dad I also add a cup or two of nuts. Since this is doubled you can add more chocolate chips but I was always cheap when you kids were at home.
Bake the cookies for 10 minutes and they don't seem quite done. This is the secret. They are chewy and not crunchy. Of course the best part of the recipe is the dough. Sometimes I freeze some of the dough for midnight craves.

Enjoy. Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment