Thursday, March 19, 2009

Just when I thought I couldn't love my crockpot any more...

On Sunday a lady at church was giving away pinto beans, so I took a bag to see what I could do with them. After the Thanksgiving 2007 incident (you all remember, Andrew Cobabe tried to do Meredith in, by telling her to release a nozzle to get some pressure out and it exploded!) I am terrified of pressure cookers so I thought refried beans were out of the question. I looked it up online just to see and I found the EASIEST and TASTIEST refried bean recipe ever!!!

3 cups pinto beans, rinsed
9 cups water
season to taste, here is what I used: I can diced green chili's, garlic salt, ground cumin, and chili powder.

Cook on high for 8 hours. Drain beans and reserve liquid. Beat beans on low with a hand mixer adding liquid to achieve desired texture. Serves 15. And there you have refried beans minus the effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment