Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Amazing Feat I Will Be Attempting Tonight....COOKING!



Aren't you all so proud of me?! I'm actually posting...on a cooking blog! (these are the things I do to avoid studying...) So I was craving Oregano's Alfredo The Dark and have spent the last half hour trying to bootleg a copy of their recipe. Here's the closest I could get. I do believe you should try it all with me! The picture looks scrumptious-no?


Alfredo The Dark

1T oil
2 cloves of garlic, diced
1/2 of a medium onion, diced
1 chicken breast, diced
1 cup prepared alfredo sauce (you could make your own)
1 cup milk
1 chipotle pepper, diced, with 1 T adobo sauce (you can buy these in a can at most grocery stores)
1 T maple syrup
2 1/2 cups cooked penne (you can use whatever pasta you want)
cilantro for a garnish
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat, adding garlic and onions. Saute until translucent, then add chicken and brown. Reduce heat and add alfredo sauce and milk. Add chipotle, adobo, and maple syrup. Reduce sauce until it is the consistency that you prefer. Serve over pasta and garnish with cilantro.

4 comments:

  1. Just tried this recipe...YUMMY!!!!! Tastes so close to Oregano's Alfredo the Dark. I love it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited to try this recipe! I love alfredo the dark at oreganos

    ReplyDelete
  3. have you been able to copy their meatballs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you make your own Alfredo sauce do you still add in the 1 cup of milk?

    ReplyDelete